Thursday 21 April 2011

Me and Animation

As a child i used to always watch animation starting with cartoons like Scooby Doo and Tales from the crypt keeper which in many ways shaped my love for films and TV as well as forming my personality by watching these at a young age. Tales from the crypt keeper started my love for all things horror.


Then i started to watch animated films like Nightmare before christmas which essential added my surreal side of life like enjoying weird and surreal environments, stories and characters. Toy story was the next big animation i can remember and the first real CGI film i loved. I got the merchandise to Toy story to this day as woody is one of my favorite characters in film as well as going as far as having a tattoo based on the film. Now watching animated films is a passionate because i like to escape in surreal environments and my latest favorite was UP because it was such a strong and emotionally story for a animation which was followed in the same way by Toy story 3. I would say in many aspects animation has formed a big part of my personality. I enjoy all forms off animation such as white stripes music videos and adverts such as Lloyds TSB.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, I too loved watching Tales from the Cryptkeeper. Its a funny thing,i didnt watch it when it was on, but sometime in my teens,for some bizzare reason, i started thinking about the cartoon cryptkeeper, couldnt get him out of my mind, thought i was going mad LOL! I admit i had a mega crush on him. Ive seen the live action series, but i do prefer the cartoon series :)

    ReplyDelete